A View From The Outside

Ever feel like you were on the outside looking in? I get that a lot, so here's my blog about the things I see and the experiences I have. Really it's a narcissistic thing to think you would even care, so if you do please leave a comment and soothe my bruised ego :)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A View From The Outside of an Adventure...

In one month I will pretty much be gone.

No, this is not a cry for help - not an angst-ridden suicidial post that no one will ever read. I will be gone because I am leaving. Pure and simple.

Leaving where you say? Well I have been living here in WA for almost 3 years - working, going to school. And now I stand teetering on the outer edge of my next big adventure. I am heading out. Out of this town, out of Washington, out of pretty much all I know here in the West.

I've done this before - I moved here from Massachusetts. I came out to work in residence life, get my Masters, and move up in the world to make my mark on the Student Affairs universe. Three years later I am getting out - out of school, out of residence life, and out of student affairs as quickly as possible. It's not for me. I need something a little more grassroots

And so my next adventure. I move out to Utah to work in Wilderness Therapy. To help troubled teens who need role models. I don't know if I am the best for the job, but hey, I'm gonna do it anyway.

I'll post more as this adventure unfolds. It should be wild!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home